Help with putting timing components back together...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with putting timing components back together...
From: "Dwight Woodruff" <dwoodru1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 20:22:49 -0400
All,
    Can someone please tell me how to put the timing components back on my U20
correctly?  I am following the Rising Sun Reassembly document, but am a little
confused.  It indicates that the dimple on the rear or small jackshaft gear
should be at the 1:00 position when the engine is right side up while the keys
on the crankshaft are at the 12:00 position (which means the large jackshaft
gear's dimple should be at 5:00 or 11:00 [depending on rotation])  However,
because the gears go on keyed, the jackshaft gears rotate at the same rate,
and the dimple on the small (rear) is at 11:30 or 5:30 making the above
scenario impossible.  Everything up until this step has worked fine with the
other gears and chains. Help please.  thanks.

Woody