Re: U20 timing stuff

To: james.m.koken@gte.net, roadster@texoma.net, orangedawg@hotmail.com,
Subject: Re: U20 timing stuff
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 16:32:07 -0700
Besides the plunger assembly wearing down the housing and forcing owners to
shim the tensioner, the gears start to get worn and the teeth start to form
a point as opposed to being flat. Sharp teeth along with a stretched chain
along with worn tensioners equals disaster.

I have heard from knowledgeable people that most of the time you have
problems with either the upper or lower tensioner and gears, but rarely
both. I wonder why the wear ratio is not even? Is the track of that long
chain so much that it causes uneven wear? I would think that all things
being equal it would be uniform.

Also, as far as I know there is ZERO compatability with any other timing
components from G or R engines.

Bummer.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC