Air louvers on hood

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air louvers on hood
From: Marshall Colley <mcolley@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:03:21 -0700
I just got a 68 1600 with what appears to be a Datsun hood but on top of the
regular raised scoop there are several raised air louvers, like 60!! of them
they go a couple feet down the scope in 4 rows. It's not a modification...so
either it's a factory job or a company was making after market hoods with
lots of breathing room for racing.

I'm still trying to decide if I like it and may swap it on my 68 2000. I
live in Arizona where temperatures can reach 118 at the extreme.  I'm
running a custom 4 core radiator and air conditioning with a stock 6 blade
fan and dual electric fans on the condenser.  It never has overheated but
the heat off the engine really tries  to find it way inside the car in the
summer.

Anyone familiar with such a hood.

Marshall