Re: Originality (kind of long)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Originality (kind of long)
From: Eschcool2@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 00:36:50 EST
> Does anybody here care about originality?
I agree John. As I am just starting my restoration, I have seen hundereds of
roadsters online. I think Ive seen just about every modification you can think
of. Some cool others yuk. But when I see an original roadster with all its
trim, factory option rollbar, driving lights, ect. To me, its a thing of
beauty. I can understand why some would like to change engines. For more power
or better reliabilaty or just the car nut in them. However I find the roadster
engine plenty of power for me, and the challenge to make it run perfect stirs
my blood. Seeing a well pollished engine tell me that the owner put the time in
to bring something back that otherwise would slowly die. As you can tell Ive
got the fever. The one upgrade that I plan to do that should have been a
factory option is to recover my roadster seats in leather. But I will keep the
original pattern. So those of you that have kept your roadsters original,
you've got a beautiful car. And those of you that have modified, thanks for
keeping another roadster
 on the road.

Jeff E.
69 2000