Re: Welding (OTish)

To: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Welding (OTish)
From: Russell Southwell <rulee@cityscape.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 09:58:43 -0600
I have a Lincoln 250, with a miller High freq unit for TIG on aluminum, 2
acetalene
outfits one reg, one MINI, and a cheapo Campbell Hausfeild 110 wire feed
I do wish I had bought a better wire feed with Gas. a lot less splatter, better
welds,
a sray can off anti-splatter sure helps keep the nozzles clean too.
I was in my favorite Miller place to buy rod a few months ago and they had a
Hobart wire feed on display with thier Millers, annd a sign on the Hobart
proclaiming
that it was made by Miller.
Russ Southwell  UA Steamfitters Local 353, 4 years weliding school , 23
years on the job.( my father was a Welder for 45 years, Died of Emphaseyma.
My brother  a welder for 30 years has been diagnosed with Parkinsons, from
welding. believe what thhe warnings on the rod cans say, and don,t weld with out
proper ventilation.