Re: Brake work

To: Jack Davis <jrd.boulder@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Brake work
From: Roadster <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 01:17:26 -0600
They should require a bit of force to remove.  There is a pin in the center of
the cylinder.  It slides into the center of the piston where it mates with
spring loaded fingers that grip rather tightly.  This spring loaded affair is
to retract the piston slightly when you release pressure.  This keeps the pads
off of the rotor unless you are actually applying the breaks.  If it slides
freely, there is something wrong.

These are actually Dunlop brakes.  They come in different sizes but all are
basically the same.  There is information available around the 'net.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359