Re: Newbie

To: "Thomas Wolfe" <tomwolfe@texas.net>,
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 16:55:38 -0600
Thomas Wolfe wrote

>Hi everyone,
>
>My name is Thomas Wolfe and I'm in Austin, Texas.  While I
>do not yet own a Datsun Roadster, I have decided that in the
>near future I want to get one.
Hi, Thom!
     Welcome to the list.  It's been a great source of information, fun
and comfort over the years.  There are a fair number of Texas
roadsterites, I'm located NW of San Antonio.

>In anyone/everyone's opinion, which year was the best for
>this roadster?
One of the biggest bandwith burners on the list :^)
>Are these cars reliable daily drivers or should they be
>relegated to occaisional use only?
I have a 70 1600, and it's been pretty darn reliable, and has been used
on and off for a daily driver since 1988 or so.
>How would you rate parts availablility?
Compared to MGs, terrible, compared to Facel-Vega, pretty good
>Does Nissan sell any parts for them any more?
Some, it varies a lot, and pays to check back in with your parts guy now
and then.  There are a handful of knowlegeable vendors who have new NOS
and reproduction parts.

I wouldn't hazard a guess as to average price :^)

-Marc T.