Re: Newbie

To: tomwolfe@texas.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 15:32:00 EST
In a message dated 12/2/01 1:16:02 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
tomwolfe@texas.net writes:

> Is there a place to read the archives of this mail list?

Used to be listquest.com, but it's been real sketchy lately.

> In anyone/everyone's opinion, which year was the best for
> this roadster?

OOOh ! you want to start a bar-room brawl eh? <G> IMHO the best yr is the one
you HAVE !

> Are these cars reliable daily drivers or should they be
> relegated to occaisional use only?

Daily ! (unless you have 8 kids and nothing else to drive... the cops really
don't go for that) Had mine everywhere from the snowy mtns & logging roads of
WA state & down through stop-n-go traffic in Phoenix in the middle of summer.
It just seems to keep rollin' along.

> How would you rate parts availablility?
> Does Nissan sell any parts for them any more?

Pretty darned good. We have some wonderful vendors who do nothing but
Roadsters & old Datsuns. They really know their stuff. The dealers do have
things, but not many have the resources for looking up the parts. OE parts
catalogs ARE floating around out there. Some things you end up paying an arm &
 a leg for, but compared to other "odd little old sports cars" the Datsun
parts are quite reasonable. THe highest ticket items ( I believe) are the U20
engine bits.  Check eBay frequently for good deals.

> What is the average price that I'd expect to pay for a '67?
> That's the one I'm most interested in.

Many variables here... condition etc, & if current owner actually knows what
he is selling. The rest fo the list will probably come up w/ some
"real-world" $$'s for ya.

and, BTW - welcome to the list ! I'm sure you''ll find some local folks to
chat roadsters with.

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC