RE: Dwell vs Gap

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dwell vs Gap
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:31:14 -0700
My understanding of the Crane system is that it only uses the points to trigger
the system. It actually powers the coil from another circuit. Crane claims that
at low rpm, it fires 12 separate sparks covering up to 20 degrees of crankshaft
rotation. It couldn't do that if the point current was actually energizing the
coil.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA