Re: wiper problem

To: "Matt Silvey" <matt12@rcip.com>
Subject: Re: wiper problem
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:16:27 -0500
There are 3 things that could cause the self park not to work.

There is a switch inside the wiper gearbox that is closed when
the wipers are everywhere but the park position.  It is possible
that this switch is not making contact.

Since the problem appears to have started when you replaced the harness,
this is not the most likely problem.

Secondly, the wiper switch could have gone out, again, not likely.
To test it see what connections the original switch connector pins
the blue-yellow and the blue are connected to.  There should be
continuity between these switch pins when the wiper switch is off.

Thirdly, and probably the most likely problem, is the harness.
Compare the wire colors on the harness conectors that connect to the
wiper switch and the wiper motor.  If the colors match, then verify
continuity between connectors.  Also check to be sure that all the pins
in the shells are fully pushed in and locked.  It may be possible that
the female pins are sprund so that they don't make contact with the
male pin.

If that doesn't take care of the problem let me know and I will see what
other things I can find that could cause this.

Peace,
Pat

--

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner