MSA Nationals

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, spl212@home.com, phantom@phantoms.com,
Subject: MSA Nationals
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 15:12:04 -0700
Hi All,

Just got back from the Motorsports West Coast Z Nationals and I am truly
astounded at how many cars were there. Over 400. There were 40 cars at
Solvang and I thought that a great turnout (and it was). You can really tell
that Nissan dropped the hammer and built an amazing number of Z cars.

The amount of cutomization and work done on the Z cars was incredible. I am
not really a big fan of the Zs, but I will say there were some incredibly
nice cars at the show. Stock, racers, customs, you name it.

Greg Smith from Motorsport Auto gave the roadsters prime real estate. We
were right in the center across from the main stage. I'd like to offer a
special thank you to Greg Smith for letting us show our cars free of charge
with some of the best placement in the show.

The roadsters were well represented at the show. There was a 1600 that was
BRE painted and it looked great. My 64 1500 was there and I drew some
attention from Speedvision. I was interviewed and there is a chance my car
will be on the Hemmings show in July. We'll see.

Edgar Gonzalez and Don Buckles brought their amazing SPL212 and just as in
Solvang it got a lot of attention. Don also was interviewed by Speedvision
and I am enough of a realist to know that if Speedvision runs short on time
and have to choose between my 64 1500 and the SPL212, my car will end up on
the cutting room floor.

Stan Chernoff and Phil Brook showed up in Stan's Stroker, Phil Erickson
showed up in his FJ20, Craig Carter in his 70 2000, and Gary Cohen in his 66
1600 rounded out the roadster field.

The people that like the trick stuff really liked Phil's car and the more
stock folks were looking at mine and the rest of the stock cars. The SPL212
got the most attention.

A great time. I never thought I would hear myself say this, but I will be
glad to park the car and take it easy for a while. It's been a great ride,
but these bones need some rest!

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500