Re: wiper problem

To: matt12@rcip.com
Subject: Re: wiper problem
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 23:54:06 -0000
Hi Matt,

Are you sure it's an electrical problem?

My wipers have been playing up, stopping half way and starting again.  After
a while, I noticed that when they "clunked" through, the speedo was moving
(as in, the WHOLE speedo moved in the dash!)

Stuck my head under, and sure enough - the metal arm from the wiper was
knocking on the odometer cable.  I disconnected the cable, re-routed it away
from the wiper arm, and now it works fine.

Worth checking, anyway.

Cheers,

Steve
(1968 2000 Solex)