Re: Wheel Question

To: "Pamela Pepoy" <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>, <Jaykp@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Wheel Question
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:24:37 -0500
>Guy:

>I am considering doing the same.  What year Z's are compatable with our
>Roadsters?

>> Jay Williams:

>> I am considering putting Z wheels on my roadster. I have read through the
>> archives and determined that I will probably need to change the lug bolts to
>> 12 mm lugs. Could somebody who has done the same please give me an
indication
>> of how involved the process of changing the lugs is? Is it best done by a
>> machine shop? What should I budget for the project?

You might want check out the 510 Wheel FAQ button off of Kurt Hafer's
site:

http://kmhafer.homestead.com/datsun510.html

Kurt put a ton of research into different popular wheels and lists the
different dimensions. Haven't dug around in there recently, but I'm
pretty sure he covers most of the Z wheels, both factory and aftermarket.
There's a lot of other solid general Datsun info on Kurts's site that can
be used for the roadster, too.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)