Re: Solexes

To: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Subject: Re: Solexes
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:11:04 -0700
There are a few ways you can  deal with spring bind
One if you can find diffrent collets ( some call them Keepers ) to raise the
retainer
Or you can have valve made with longer stems ( this is a good idea for use
with a high lift cam as then you don't need thick lash pads
Or you can get diffrent retainers and keepers
 I think you should have no problem with spring bind until your over .5 inch
lift . but always good to check ,  take a 20 thou feeler gauge stick between
the spring coils , and then turn then cam shaft and see if the feeler get
stuck between the coils ....

Mike Kerr
Roadster Restoration
PH# 530-644-6777