Solexes

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solexes
From: David & Candy Pina <casalp@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:43:58 +0000
Yes, if Solexes are set up for your car, if you take the time and/or
money to get them right, they will run great. My problem is I have a
basically stock motor in my car now and have a race motor in the wings,
hopefully ready this JULY, I have SUs set up for each engine. I don't
want to spend money to set up the Solexes for the stock motor, then have
to change them again for the race motor. Race tires come first. My cars
second owner claimed 8100 rpm in fifth with the SUs I have. That was
with 5.13 locker and 24 inch tall tires, at Atlanta, 1972, before the
chicane was installed.  I saw 7500 at Willow Springs once when I thought
redline was 7000. OOPs!  Redline is not a problem. Speaking of cams,
lift and duration. A while back there was a list of companies that made
cams for the U20, Was DeLong also mentioned? Does anyone know what the
lift and duration is on the BRE OS 2 cam? That's what Sadies fun motor
has in it. And on to Panasports.  Dennis Currington knows what
Panasports fit and what they cost. 760 940-6365. Well enough chatty
cathy for today.
David Pina