RE: OT - Nissan Service or lack of

Subject: RE: OT - Nissan Service or lack of
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:29:53 -0400
Fred,
I do a lot of consulting for dealership service departments - spending a lot
of time with BMW lately.  Nissan is not in great shape - they've been giving
us a lot of trouble about renewing our contract (customer service related
software) because they have very little money to spend.  Nissan's don't sell
as well as Honda's and Toyota's.  Also, Nissan corporate has sort of let the
regions run themselves when it comes to fixed ops.  You may want to write
your letter to the Nissan District Service Manager.  The dealership should
tell you who that is.  Also, you should check into what the CSI scores for
dealers in your area are.  Don't go to ones with bad CSI as you will get
poor results.  By the way, anything less than 90 is bad CSI.  Look for 96 or
better.  The problem is generally not that they are trying to pray on anyone
but that their management just doesn't give a damn.  Many old school dealers
only understand the sales floor and don't care about service.  If that's
what you've got, write a letter to the dealer principal or GM saying that
you won't be back to buy another car.  Your best bet though is the DSM.
Brian