Cig Lighter Removal Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Cig Lighter Removal Question
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 07:15:56 -0800
Help!  I'm finally getting around to refurbishing the cigarette lighter
assembly and slide plate rack I got.  Question?  How the heck does the
lighter assembly come off the plate?  Is the lighter assembly itself two
pieces?  I took the nuts off the bottom and was able to remove some of the
rusted innards, but the canister assembly underneath the plate is still
attached, and there is a chrome flange that fits on the top side of the
plate that protrudes beyond the circumference of the plate opening.  What's
the secret.  This is on a 69 2000 by the way.

69 SRL
NOWROC
Troutdale, OR