Re: Crankshaft Woes

To: <bob_wilson@agilent.com>, <KJCMFCC@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Crankshaft Woes
From: "James M Koken" <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:34:32 -0800
I don't know where you guys are going for machine work, but $200+ for a
crank regrind is outrageous.  I spent $125 for mine from Mile High Cranks
and that included cutting the snout for the 1600 stroker conversion.  My
most expensive shop charges $90 for just a crank regrind for thicker
bearings.  Make sure the shop grinds cranks as a practice or sends them out,
this makes a diff also.
Mike Koken
roadster repairs in Colo Spgs.