notadatsun

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: notadatsun
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:11:05 -0600
I have to confess, I also have bought a non-roadster to drive around and
play with.  It is an 88 BMW 325iS.  I sold my RHD Z to a man from San
Antonio and had money burning a hole in my pocket.  I've liked the baby
Bimmers since they were new, and the C30 chassis (82-92) is finally in my
price range for a toy.  It has a little more torque and a little more
horsepower than the roadster, and a sport suspension a few decades more
sophisticated than our solid axle "go carts".  And even though parts are
expensive, they are still available.  I'll autocross it in G Stock this
year.

Roadster content.  Andy and I have been autocrossing my roadster and we are
consistantly coming in second and third behind a well prepared and well
driven Miata in CSP.  Unfortunately, Andy's second and I'm third.  Andy
thinks that with 15 more horsepower we could be one-two in class (him one,
me two)  I have the 135 horse SU engine with stock exhaust, so the extra 15
horses are there if we want them, and probably more.  I've even thought
about buying the performance chip for my ECU.  It's also possible that the
rear brakes are adjusted too tightly, and we have been running with the
brakes on.  I'll check that before the next autocross, if I have time.

On the thread about car badges.  TDROC has a logo on our website that would
look good on a car badge.  The California clubs might object to having the
outline of Texas on their badge, but that's a minor inconvenience compared
to how nice the badge would look from a distance.  The badge would have to
be at least a foot in diameter. (Texas sized, of course).

Leisure Suit Terry