Should I buy this?

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Should I buy this?
From: "Annette" <squishfish@home.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:05:57 -0800
Hello list,

I am looking to buy my first Datsun Roadster as a restoration project.  I
looked at one yesterday and I was wondering if I could get some opinions of
the car.  The owner is asking $1600 but I was thinking about offering him
$1300.

Mechanically the car is pretty sound, it needs a new alternator and there is
something going on with the transmission, it feels like the master cylinder
but it is not leaking.  The owner claims that there is air in there and that
could well be it.

I took some picture that show the extensive work that is needed inside and I
was hoping you all could give me some guidelines on how much this project is
going to cost me as well as how much I should offer.  The pictures are at

http://www.geocities.com/meaniegirl/

I look forward to your responses!!

Thanks.
Annette Rogers