Re: The case of the missing water

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: The case of the missing water
From: John Atchison <jda@srv.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:23:13 -0700
Daniel:

Check for signs of water leakage
from the intake manifold where it joins the cylinder head.
The intake manifold has two water passages into the cylinder head.
If the intake manifold was not uniformly tightened down,
you may experience a small water leak in this area
which is almost impossible to track down
until you pull the intake manifold off,
as a little water leaks down the side of the block
hidden by the intake & exhaust manifolds.
It's frustrating because you know you are losing water,
but you can't find the leak.

John Atchison
Idaho Falls
69 2000