OT-HVLP sprayer air compressor question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT-HVLP sprayer air compressor question
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:30:54 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        Well I'm back after a week of only being able to recieve messages and
not send them out.  I am gong thru my  backlog and replying to people.
On to my question.
        Been looking at air   compressors and HVLP  spray guns.  Does
anybody have any experience with these things and any reccomendations as to
what to   buy.  I am looking for a comprssor to run  air tools and one to
run an HVLP gun.  It just seems to me that the HVLP takes a HUGE amount
of  air at a low pressure and it seems like the 2-3hp air  compressors I
have been looking at can not put out that kind of air.
        OR what about the little HVLP-compressor  combo's that are just for
painting that places like eastwood sells.

                Thanks,
                        Daniel 69  2000
                        SF CA