Re: OT-HVLP sprayer air compressor question

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: OT-HVLP sprayer air compressor question
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:39:37 -0600
Daniel Neuman wrote

>Hello All,
>       Well I'm back after a week of only being able to recieve messages and
>not send them out.  I am gong thru my  backlog and replying to people.
>On to my question.
>       Been looking at air   compressors and HVLP  spray guns.  Does
>anybody have any experience with these things and any reccomendations as to
>what to   buy.  I am looking for a comprssor to run  air tools and one to
>run an HVLP gun.  It just seems to me that the HVLP takes a HUGE amount
>of  air at a low pressure and it seems like the 2-3hp air  compressors I
>have been looking at can not put out that kind of air.
>       OR what about the little HVLP-compressor  combo's that are just for
>painting that places like eastwood sells.
>
>               Thanks,
>                       Daniel 69  2000
>                       SF CA

I've been curious about this too.  Some guns are designed to run off
regular compressors, but the CFM they need might exeed my little
portable.  Some of the others use a turbine, not a compressor (I have a
hunch it's a glorified vacuum-cleaner motor)  Still, I'm a ways away from
the large painting portion of any projects, so keep us updated!

Marc Tyler
Designer,
Animal Firm
830-324-6578