Re: Should the width size of the front rim match the rear?

To: adfox@iprimus.com.au, turbospl311@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Should the width size of the front rim match the rear?
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:24:11 EST
In a message dated 03/13/2001 4:42:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
adfox@iprimus.com.au writes:

> Id have to disagree there, in my opinion it is possible to "over tyre&
> quot; a
> car, and increase your rolling resistance, which means there is more
> friction on the road, so you are wasting some power.  On a humble old 1500 i
> wouldnt bother with anything larger than 185s, 195s in the extreme.  A 1600
> should be fine on 195s.

I'd have to agree... but more on the grounds of performance than fuel
efficiency. If you "over tire" a car in the rear (relative to the front
tires), you might experience a bit of extra understeer. That's what I'm
worried about on my car right now.
What's really got me thinking about it lately are the wheels I just picked up:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1477383&a=11139551&f=&sp=1&;
vt=vpall
The rears are... a little bit bigger than the fronts.  :)

\/ /\ /\/
www.sr20parts.com (now live)
ARES Engineering (coming soon)