Re: Air filters

To: "Craig Odell" <CDADDYO@prodigy.net>,
Subject: Re: Air filters
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 18:47:34 -0600
>Ok folks, air filters are really expensive for the 2000 with SU's. Any other
>ideas on air filters or new system? I would like to install something that
>when the filter gets dirty I can go to the auto parts store and they have
>the filter that I'm looking for.

I have some round 6 inch by 3 1/2 deep K & Ns that I ordered from APT
<http://www.aptfast.com/> that are going on an L-motor with SUs. A bit
pricey at around $65/each, but outstanding quality and you only have to
buy them once. The ITGs are foam and I suspect that, with proper care,
the K & Ns will filter better and last longer. However I'm not aware of K
& N offering a single oval element unit that covers two carbs. APT is
practically next door to K & N in Riverside and I've been told they work
closely, so if anybody would be able to get something made, I'd bet on
APT.

>Also, I'd like to upgrade my exhaust system to include doing away with the
>resonator adding a high flow muffler and possibly increasing the diameter of
>my pipes. Any suggestions on max or min diameter, type of muffler, and who
>should do the job.

Unless you're going to be above 5K all of the time, I'd think 2 1/4 to 2
1/2 would be fine. Much, if any, bigger and you're likely to run into
clearance issues.

FWIW, Ron

The ACL Group
Arlington, Texas