Re: OT FW: Nigerian Scam Letters

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>,
Subject: Re: OT FW: Nigerian Scam Letters
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:46:25 -0800

        cooperation

        Fri, 09 Mar 2001 18:18:45 -0800

         abba40@onebox.com

         slick1patrick@netscape.net

                                                                  Previous

Next

;

  FROM: Abba Abacha
  Lagos, Nigeria.

  I sincerely hope that this letter will not come to you as an
  embarrassment
  but rather a surprise since we neither knew each other before now nor
  have had any previous correspondence or contact.

  I am Abba Abacha the son of the late head of state of Nigeria, Late Gen.
  Sani Abacha. You might have heard a lot about the changes that have taken
  place in Nigeria since the demise of my father. After his death, we were
  faced with a lot of problems from both within and outside. We have been
  experiencing a lot of embarrassing moments; our family's accounts has
  being frozen all over Europe and America while our passports have been
  seized by our country's government and we are not allowed to travel out
  of the country. I cannot begin to recount what we have lost since this
  problem started but it is worth billions of dollars, which I am sure
  you might have heard of. It is all over the international press and on
  the internet; even, most recently they have started putting my family
  members in detention and we don't feel the country is safe for us
  anymore.

  However, over the past few days we have been holding series of family
  meetings and we have decided to salvage what we can out of this mess
  before it is too late. So, I have been mandated by my family to look
  for a trustworthy and competent foreign partner through whom we can hide
  some funds. This we intend doing by using the partner's account to
  receive
  the funds on our behalf. It is in the partner's account we shall be
  transferring
  the funds in batches starting with eight million dollars (US$8 million).
  We have devised a means to get these funds to the nearest possible place
  to you in a defaced currency form by a securities company as photographic
  materials. This is where we solicit most for your assistance.

  Your remuneration will be discussed and worked out on hearing from you,
  your willingness to assist us in receiving this funds for us until we
  are able to travel again. After this we will start the process of
  transferring
  the funds abroad. I will then inform you our means of moving these funds
  out of this country. I want you to understand that this mail is out of
  desperation for fear of losing all we have. So, we are willing to work
  out a very good deal with you if you accept to help, with you being duly
  compensated at the end of this project . Also bear in mind that this
  transaction will not take more than seven working days to conclude once
  you signify your full interest.

  For security reasons, your first response should be addressed to my
  mailbox.
  However, subsequent correspondence should be forwarded to our family
  lawyer, Chief J. K Ajayi whose telephone and fax numbers will be provided
  in due course, for him to give you the complete picture of how we intend
  to go about it. Please, feel free to ask questions on any area not clear
  to you so that our attorney can address it accordingly.

  I look forward to your urgent favourable response.

  Best regards

  Alhaji Abba Abacha

  NB: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SEND ME YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER SO THAT
  MY FAMILY LAWYER WILL CALL YOU AND YOU CAN THEN DISCUSS BETTER AS I
  CANNOT
  CALL YOU OVER THE PHONE FOR FEAR OF MY PHONE BEING MONITORED BY MY
  GOVERNMENT.
  I CAN ONLY COMMUNICATE WITH YOU VIA EMAIL. THANK YOU.

  --
  abba abacha
  abba40@onebox.com - email

  Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com