Re: 1500's, U20's and Miatas

To: shifty@best.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500's, U20's and Miatas
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 23:34:18 EST
In a message dated 3/12/01 2:48:24 AM !!!First Boot!!!, shifty@best.com
writes:

<< We met up with Calspeed and Fred Katz for lunch to send Andrew on to parts
 north, and afterward I finally got the chance to drive a '67.5 2000...
 Then I drove Fred's nice red '66 with U20 and SU's. ... Both have 1600
rear-ends, and both feel great!

 Fred and Mike also drove my '93 1.6 liter Miata with Racing Beat sways and
 braces. I'll let them comment on that. >>

Okay, I will comment on Leighs Miata.  I love it.  I absolutely love it.  I
even hate to say it... but if I do sell my 67.5 Solex I will replace it with
a Miata.  Leighs '93 1.6 Miata feels so smooth and strong.  The handling was
wonderful and the brakes stop it right now!  Of course you didn't need to to
tell you that.  Especailly on a Roadster List.

Thanks for the ride Leigh.  And to Andrew. good luck on your trip south.  We
are going to miss that 1500.  The BADROC fleet will not be the same.

Calspeed