Re: 1500's, U20's and Miatas

To: CalSpeed@aol.com, shifty@best.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500's, U20's and Miatas
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:59:30 -0800
Hello All,

Well, As you have been following on the list, I am now the proud owner of a
1964 1500. My thanks to Leigh Brooks, Michael Carion, and Fred Katz. You
guys are a class act.

I took my get acquainted drive in the 1500 by driving from San Francisco to
Lucerne, Ca. Don't bother, let's just say it's about 2.5 hours North.

This car is a smooth driver. At first I was having a hard time shifting from
2nd to 3rd gear but quickly discovered it just required a firm movement
without letting the revs get too low. It is also weird about having to stop
to put the car in first. I love the styling of the car and it rides very
smoothly. It has surprising power and I like third gear better than any
other.

One thing that this car has is a little metal "latch" at the back center of
the trunk lid that performs the same task that the hood stay does. It is the
coolest little gizmo. Leigh said it was standard on the 63-64.  The deck
hoop is chrome and is sectional (three pieces).

This car is a cruiser and I love it already! I look forward to driving
around the Wine Country for a few days and then make the long drive home.
For those coming to the run on the 17th, come see my new baby!

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 Solex
1964 1500