40mm Solex Jets for stroked 1600

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 40mm Solex Jets for stroked 1600
From: bob_wilson@agilent.com
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:43:33 -0700
Hi List,

I just finished installing two 40mm Solex carbs onto my newly stroked 1600
(so it is now effectively a 2000cc sized engine.  The Solex manual shows a
choice of various sized jets that can be interchanged to make these carbs
work correctly for various sized engines.  But they don't say what you need
for what sized engine.

Has anyone done this "Solex on a stroked 1600" and therefore knows what
sized the jets should be?  It could save me a bunch of work if I start with
jets that are close to the right size.

The engine is still in my shop, but hopefully soon will be back in the car.

Thanks,

Bob Wilson
1970 1600 #28383