Distributor Cap

To: "\"ROADSTER (E-mail)\"" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributor Cap
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:39:52 -0800
Here's how to double the life from your Distributor Cap.
When you inspect the contacts on the inside of the Distributor Cap and it is
all burned and pitted, and you feel it is time for a Tune up.  I change the
height of my rotor by using a Match book cover, and cutting two circles from
it to fit inside the rotor, elevating the rotor about 50 thousandths, which
will set it to the unused portion of the Cap, You may have to use a new
rotor if it is burned too badly.  I have used this method for years.  Pat