Re: SU needles

To: "John Schmitt" <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: SU needles
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:26:32 -0500
John,

With the choke "on" the butterfly or throttle must be .025" open which is
measured between the throttle body and the butterfly. To open the clearance
bend the choke connecting rod smaller or put more bend in it. If the opening
is too big straighten the rod. My car ran like crap with the choke on and
when I adjusted it to spec it ran a lot better.

With choke "off" the idle screw on the carb is used. The more the butterfly
is opened the faster it revs, natch.

Hope this helps.

Mike