Re: Gas Mileage - experience

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas Mileage - experience
From: Eric Gustavson <egustavson@ultra.net.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:43:53 +1100
Hi,

I've read the postings with interest, and find it a bit funny that we (I
include myself) like to discuss it - I bet we don't really care much,
actually.  I've driven many miles, lots at high speeds over 20+ years and
find that best mileage and better performance at freeway speeds is in 4th;
5th is great for less noise and commotion, or when really needed because
the engine is revving high and I want to keep it there for a while.  The
difference isn't very much - city driving is much worse.

Best US daily drive: 711 miles in 11 hrs, Garden Grove to Garberville over
the GG bridge.
Didn't care what my mileage was, but likely over 25/(Imperial gallon).  And
I sometimes used 5th.  Boy it was fun.

regards
Eric