Re: SUPERCHARGED ROADSTER

To: u20bomber@yahoo.com (CRAIG)
Subject: Re: SUPERCHARGED ROADSTER
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 18:49:41 -0800 (PST)
Well quite a can of worms thats been opened. I am afraid that you are going
to be stuck to the computer for a while answering everybodys questions.
You outta just do a really nice indepth write-up with LOTS of pictures
and put it up on your website.

> tell its a U-20.  Looking straight on at the engine
> the supercharger is on the left. What type is it??
>
> EATON BLOWER
        Hmm I can't see where the intake is.  Those blowers are pretty much
made to be mounted right on top of a V-8. You application is very interesting.
I was thinking bout using one of the centrifugal superchargers that are out.
Also the whipple twin screw units are supposed to be really efficent.

> > > But seriously 300+ rwhp??
> **I'M HOPING FOR MORE
>
> > > With no pinging??
> ** 94 Min Oct had been running 104-108
>
> > > Honestly how hard can you drive it and how long is
> the engine going to last??
> ** IF I HAD THAT CRYSTAL BALL I WOULD BE BUYING
> LOTTERY TICKETS, YOU KNOW
        Well come on now, I guess you outtta tear into it after a couple of
thousand miles and see how its holding up.  Its gotta make the drive to
shasta this year.. unless of course you are going to.. gasp make it a
trailer queen.

> > > How much boost ya running??
> ** I started break in with 6-7lbs,
> Its running 14lbs right now.

        Wow 14lbs I bet you have fancy forged pistons in there-what else you
done to strengthen up the engine??

                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA