RE: Re[2]: 280 Z Alloy Wheels??

To: mikef@carolina.rr.com, birukun@san.rr.com, solex67@hotmail.com,
Subject: RE: Re[2]: 280 Z Alloy Wheels??
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 12:00:12 -0600
>Amid all of this debate about Z wheels, what exactly is the offset of stock
>roadster wheels and what is the exact offset of the Z "kidney bean" mag
>wheels?  As I said B4, the 14x6" SHELBY wheels I pulled off a junked Z work
>great--ie. no fender rubbing at all.  I'll pull one at lunch and try to
>find the listed offset on these wheels so that we'll know why mine worked
>and others haven't.  BTW, my fenders are stock.

A suggestion. When discussing wheels how about being a bit more specific
about wheel offset? Is the offset positive or negative? Are we talking
about backspacing? I hate to assume anything. I like to know both,
although if you know one measurement you can calculate the other if you
know the rim width. It's much easier on my old, tired, brain if they're
stated.

FWIW,
Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)