Re: Lexan, (was 280 Z Alloy Wheels??)

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Lexan, (was 280 Z Alloy Wheels??)
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:56:31 -0800
Fergus,

I've done a lot of flame-polishing on plexi. Best results are achieved with
a smooth finish, either by routing the edge with a router or sanding the
edge with fine sandpaper. Even better results with a welding torch, as the
oxygen mix produces a bright clear edge and the pass is so fast that the
material won't warp from excess heat.

Fred - So.SF
BADROC