Roc liability

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roc liability
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:01:18 -0700
ROC organizers and list,
I have a concern, I have tried not to use the NOWROC name to promote
outings where driving is to be one of the functions. It did slip by me
on the
Whidbey Ride that was organized by some one else.

I was concerned when I saw a post to the NOWROC mailing list by one of
our members for a Seattle event in July. I wasn't notified of the event
until
I saw the post. The person involved was unaware that there was a problem

with using the name without permission. After an explanation by me the
person
was very apologetic. I have been trying to get the members to show up at
already established events, and if they wanted local evening or weekend
drives
on there own.

The problem is liability, since NOWROC is a club that was started by a
couple of us, and is based on the internet so far. There is no money or
officers and
especially no insurance. We are trying to raise money by most of the
usual
ways. Shirt and sticker sales and the like. We have not voted in any
official
officers and we don't have a  not for profit tax exemption yet. It just
takes time and since there was basically two of us doing most of the
work
that part is not done yet.

What are the other clubs using for the liability insurance ? I was going
to call Haggerty and Parish and see what they had to offer. I am
concerned over
someone getting hurt during a road outing and being sued. It is not the
club members that I am worried about, but an outsider that could come
after
people with in the club.

Open to all information, ideas and flames.

Mike
Founder of NOWROC
Hayden Lake, Idaho