Re: Bike speedometers in the roadster

To: jmoore66@frontiernet.net (James Moore)
Subject: Re: Bike speedometers in the roadster
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:08:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        Here's an update on the SIGMA BC400 bike computer install...have'nt
done it yet..I did put one on my mc and its working really well.  I looked
under the car and I think that I have a plan.
        I will buy a tiny tiny rare earth magnet and attach it to the output
shaft of the transmission..probably won't need any glue to hold it there
but I will use a drop of super glue.
        I wil route the wire up through the center console and mount the
little computer in the empty hole where the ashtray goes.  I can slide the
little door closed and voila no computer..slide it open and I know how
fast I'm going and what time it is.  Not the most  easily seen spot but
I think I will try this 'stealth' install before I go mounting it to my
dash. And this way I don't think that I will have to lengthen the wires
at all.
                Daniel 69 2000