Re: Classic car insurance???

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Classic car insurance???
From: "Graham Evans" <evansg@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:20:42 -0400
I have mine insured with State Farm for a stated value.  It was no hassle.
I simply took it in to my agent, he took a picture of the car and I set the
value I wanted it insured for.  No restrictions, no problem.

I have had to make a couple of claims and have been happy with the treatment
both times.  First time I hit a puddle of oil on a curve and slid into a
fire hydrant.  I took it to the State Farm claim adjuster who looked at it
and just said to tell him how much it cost since he had no idea.  I took it
to the shop of my choice had the work done getting fender and parts from
Rallye.  State Farm paid the full bill.  After getting the car back I found
that it was not driving straight and discovered hidden damage that the axle
was bent.  Again State Farm paid promptly with no problems.

Second claim mice had made a nest in the convertible top over the winter and
ate holes in it.  State Farm paid for a new top, but did deduct for
depreciation which was only fair.  They even took my word for the age of the
top without having to produce a receipt.

Overall I have been very pleased with their service.

Graham
68 1600