Re: Rear wheel cylinder refresher

To: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Rear wheel cylinder refresher
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:37:51 PST8PDT
Nathan asks:
> The rear wheel cylinders from a 510 appear the same as the
> roadsters, but are different/won't work because why?

Because you may die when the brakes fail :-(

Sorry - I know that was pretty heavy handed...
One car uses metric threads and the other uses standard. The roadster
pipe fittings screw into the cylinders but don't fit as tightly as they
should, risking a sudden catastrophic failure when the fitting comes
apart.

I was looking at a JC Whitney catalog from 1972, you could order just
about all the hydraulics for cheap back then!

-- John