Re: Rear wheel cylinder refresher

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, nruffcorn@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: Rear wheel cylinder refresher
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 00 07:12:27 CST
Nathan,

The 510's are all METRIC fittings. 10mm x 1.00mm thread.

That threading is a little larger than the roadster's
3/8" x 24tpi fittings.

I have been searching for an adapter with the correct
threading (metric male, SAE female).

While the SAE male fitting will go into a METRIC female
wheel cylinder, when you go to tighten it down... STRIP!
go the threads. Now you might think you have it snug
enough, but if the line fails... no brakes.

Buy the CORRECT item (roadster wheel cylinder) - which I
can get from our roadster suppliers (THANKS Ross!).
Or find that adapter (I'm still looking), or redo the
nuts on the brake lines, which is a pain as you need the
correct inverted flare ending on the brake line.

Best solution in the long run, use the correct items.

Cheers,

Tom Walter

P.S. Other solution is to use the 510 items, but weld and
remachine the threaded area... ;-)