RE: U20 Jackshaft Mod

To: "'Thomas Walter'" <walter@omni.sps.mot.com>,
Subject: RE: U20 Jackshaft Mod
From: Howard Fletcher <hgf@netro.com.au>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 22:51:09 +1100
G'day Tom, all

I thought the cause was also related to a sudden change of revs.
eg missing a gear (something I never have done in the heat of a race (er
maybe) or picking 2nd instead of 4th which is not so difficult in racing if
you are used to a wider gate and have developed lazy habits in positioning
your hand.

What is your thought Tom, maybe he wasnt just sitting there at the light
but dropping the clutch at 6000 revs.  I have heard of the problem happing
in this small place with non race as well as race engines.

In the context of an engine rebuild the mod is probably $60 - very cheap
insurance compared with engine damage.

If it is any sort of competition engine I would recommend it too.

Regards,

Howard
Aussie