Re: U20 Jackshaft Mod

To: "Thomas Walter" <walter@omni.sps.mot.com>,
Subject: Re: U20 Jackshaft Mod
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:59:10 -0800
the jack shaft breaks from two forces one is sherload form the timing chains
and the other is toque from change in engine speed. The drilling and
installing of the stud solves the sherload problem but not the torque this
causes the jack shaft to break behind the first bearing .. the torque
problem is only for high rpm race motors that have lightened engine parts
and are capable of quick changes in engine speed ...  To solve that steel
jack shafts needs to be installed $450.00

Roadster Restoration
3730 Todrob LN.
Placerville CA. 95667
Ph.# 530-644-6777