U20 Jackshaft Mod

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: U20 Jackshaft Mod
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 15:53:53 -0700
I've checked the archive regarding the Bob Sharp jackshaft mod where the
bolt is replaced with a stud and nut for the chain sprockets, along with
drilling and tapping the hole deeper.  I don't have the luxury of owning
a Bob Sharp Manual for the 2000 (I do have the one for the 1600, if
someone is interested in swapping photocopies of each).  The archive
messages say to drill and tap to a depth into the oil passage in the
shaft.  Why is this recommended?  And is there a recommended grade for
the stud?  TIA.

Gary Boone
'70 2000
WyCROC