SoCalROC meet

To: ROADSTER <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SoCalROC meet
From: Philip Erickson <philip.erickson@Agouron.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 08:26:36 -0800
I went to the SoCalROC meet in my "STOCK" 2000.  I  had a great time
driving up and back with Les, Harry and Joe, we meet at Classic Datsun
Motorsport in Vista.  Harry let me drive his 68 2000 back part of the
way, it is for sale ($8,500), what a great car, feels like "NEW"  Except
for the sound, you would think his black beauty had fuel injection the
power is that smooth,  and I thougt I had my Solexes dialed.  Andrew put
my car in the CUSTOM class, I don't think of her that way.  Les of CDM
said he is getting an SR20DET to put into a customer car, so if anyone
is interested in my U20 and 5spd, I am taking offers( $3000-$4000).  She
has about 5,000 mi since overhaul with all new timing gears, chains,
guides, oil pump, water pump, bearings, resized rods, ground crank,,
clutch, recondistioned head, only cut .014, complete from comp. pan to
solex factory air filter, ( sorry its a late style), header to alt.
trans mount to 7 blade fan.  You would get everything necessary, might
have to help pull her out, I could put a SR in my car and really have a
CUSTOM.  Maybe even put in a cut down 200 SX rear end.

--
Philip Erickson                                  Phone:  (858) 622-7963
Associate Scientist