Big plans Watkins Glen / OROC (little long)

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Big plans Watkins Glen / OROC (little long)
From: DonaldL724@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:15:27 EST
Hi Gang, just a note to update you on the new year for OROC and Some Big
plans for the future.
    First OROC: Web site calendar has been partially updated. It has all the
major dates! We have a planning meeting in March to fill out the rest of the
dates. All you OROCers out there make sure we get any ideas you have so they
can be considered.

    OROC web site:
                http://members.aol.com/Orocrodstr/OROC.html

    Now the Really Big news! Charlie Ellis, Mark Dent and I have been talking
and we'd really like to create an EAST Coast Datsun event. We would also like
to combine our clubs efforts into something bigger.
    Our plans include an All Datsun event in the next 2 years. Smaller
regional events though out the year. Possible a combined newsletter that
would cover the East coast but would include info and articles about all the
regional clubs. A formalized judging committee for Roadster shows with
representatives from each club. And anything else we can think of that would
help people enjoy Roadsters and see more Roadsters and Datsun people!
    We need ideas and participants. Along that line of thinking we are
planning on circulating a questionnaire at Watkins Glen this year. This will
help in collecting names, possible activities and locations for future
events. We have chosen Watkins Glen because of it's large Roadsters draw. We
figure we can hit the most people at one time there.
    We want as many people as possible to be there!
    The dates are Sept. 8-10 2000

    My wife and I can act as an info source, hotels directions etc. We are in
the process of collecting info now and should have most of it together by the
end of the week.
    You can call us at 614-447-2053 after 6:00pm est. or e-mail us at
    Orocrodstr@aol.com

    We recommend you make plans ASAP. The hotels around the track fill up
quick!
    Some of you know I have been working towards this for a long time. We
can't let you West Coast folks have all the fun! Lets get together and make
this happen!

    Any west coast people that have ideas and mistakes to avoid please let us
know. At some point I'm sure we can combine to create the National event
that's been talked about before.
    I hope your excited now!

    See you at Watkins Glen!
    Chris