<no subject>

To: ":" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: <no subject>
From: "Paul Gabriel" <heyace@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:30:43 -0800
Well, I think I've done it!!!   :(

Help roadster mechanics!!!!

I finally broke down a got a new timing chain set ( I figured I better not take
a chance
driving to Solvang. in a few weeks)  Anyway here is my dilemma..

I have 2 manuals, one is the factory shop manual, the other is a chiltons.
I've read both and
thought I had a good idea about changing the timing chains on my 69 2000.
Chiltons says to
basically remove the old stuff and replace it with the new making sure to align
the timing
marks on the jackshaft and camshaft sprockets with the chain.

Here is my problem...I think?...help!

I did not set the motor at TDC before I pulled everything off.  I aligned the
JS  and CS
sprocket marks with the marks on the chain, and when I went to put it on, I had
to rotate the
JS so the pin screw in the camshaft would go in.

Anyway I realize(dah!!!) that the distributor has moved because I manually
rotated it via JS
sprocket and this is where I confused the heck out of myself...  sorry Barrie,
I should have
listed to you and not the book!!!  I owe you a beer!

Can someone PLEASE help me figure out how to put both chains back on so
Everything is right!  I
don't want to have mess where my distributor or need to go and figure major
timing problems.

Thanks
Paul
heyace