Re: Goin' to Shasta!

To: jfried@anv.net, Datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Goin' to Shasta!
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 03:49:24 EST
In a message dated 19-03-99 9:58:59 PM EST, jfried@anv.net writes:

<< 1)  Don't have a soft top (havn't really needed one here) - what is the
 weather like that time of year?  Should I use this as an 'excuse' to get a
 ragtop?

I would suggest that you have one.  More than likely you will not use it, I
remember one year, '97 when a major thunderstorm came through.  Most were
prepared but some were not.

 2)  This is one of the few parts of the county I've never been to - any
 wineries up there - or did I drink them all out of business in Sonoma/Napa?

I am not familiar with any of the wineries in the area.

 3)  Anyone stayed at this B&B?  Or know anything about it?

I dont remember, but I think that I stayed there in '97.  Otherwise, I have
stayed at a few of the B&B's in the area and they are all very nice.  I highly
recommend them.

 4)  It seems as there are 2 different functions (Datsun related) going on at
 the same time - what do we need to / should register for?

There are two events.  The All Roadster Meet which takes place at Shastice
Park in Mt Shasta City.  Registration is at the Strawberry Valley Inn.  The
All Datsun Meet takes place at the Mt Shasta Ski Resort Parking Lot.  Register
over there.

 5)  What shouldn't we miss seeing while up there - given we'll only be there
 2 days?

I would suggest that you take some time out for a drive into the mountains.
Visit some of the small towns in the area.  There is usually a group drive to
the summit of Mt Shasta on Sunday morning.>>

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL000248 Solex
San Francisco, Ca