Re: 1967 Roadster Question

To: jfw@commercemarket.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1967 Roadster Question
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:04:11 EST
In a message dated 20-03-99 0:55:30 AM EST, jfw@commercemarket.com writes:

<< I am new to this process, so I'll keep it simple.  Please forgive the fact
 that I know nothing about these kinds of cars, I am learning as of today.
 I just traded someone for a 1967 Roadster and I need to get some kind of
 idea of what it's worth.
 It's got:
 60K miles, (2K are on new engine)
 2 Liter Motor
 Dual Carbs
 New $4,000 paint job
 Excellent interior and carpet
 Custom wheels, custom mahogany steering wheel and shifter
 No top or side windows, small fiberglass windshield
 Runs great -- carbs need to be cleaned >>

Hello,

First of all, what did you trade for it?  Secondly, you may have a decent
roadster.  By stating that it has a fibreglass windshield makes me think that
it is an ex-racer.  What you really want to know is if you have a genuine 67
2000 Roadster.

You can find out by the serial number.  On the left side on the engine bay
just in front of where the battery is suppose to be located you will see a
portion of the frame.  It is usually very dirty with possible paint build-up.
The true serial number is located on this portion of the frame.  You will need
to get a wire brush and scrub it down to find the number stamp.  Do not rely
on the number plate as that can be changed easily.

Once you find the number you will no if you have a rare 2000.  The stamp will
indicate SRL 000***  (The three asterisks signify the number)  If it is less
then 999 you are pretty lucky.  You have a rare 67.5 2000 where there were
less than 1000 made.

I know that there are other ways to distinguish a true 67.5 2000.  There are
more then likely other places to locate the true serial number too.  I just
dont know where they are.

Good luck and keep the list informed.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL000248 Solex