RE: SUV's and Mt. Shasta meet

To: "Dan Neff" <neffster@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: SUV's and Mt. Shasta meet
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 12:15:21 -0600
>   And still on the SUV thread mind you: what caught my eye, Ronnie,
>was this water cannon concept. Now how exactly is it mounted on a
>Roadster? Can it be aimed and fired while driving? Or do you need
>someone riding 'shotgun'? Reminds me of the time I was trying to
>figure out how to install turret-mounted paintball guns on my
>Goldwing fairing... :)

Dan,

At Shasta it was a second person riding shotgun. It was fun watching the
different techniques. I used a lot of shots in the video. Don't know
what'll be done this year. Co-pilots were also allowed in the autocross.
That's how I got in car footage of the autocross, but not of the
gymkhana. It would have been difficult to hold the camera and hold the
water cannon. Come to think of it, the gymkhana includes the only
roadster footage in last year's video. That will be rectified this year.

Regarding weapons mounted on highway vehicles, I've often entertained the
fantasy of having a 105mm recoiless rifle centerline mounted on mine. I'd
consider 3 rounds per week a reasonable restriction. Of course that
brings up consideration of how long it would be before some other driver
used one of their three round allowance on me. Yes, I guess I am a little
bloodthirsty, but then I've spent a lot of time driving in LA, DC, and
D/FW, some of the worst traffic in the country.

And remember, fantasies can be healthy outlets for frustration, or they
should be. My therapist tells me so anyway.<G>

Later, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)