RE: SUV's and Mt. Shasta meet

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: SUV's and Mt. Shasta meet
From: "Dan Neff" <neffster@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 06:58:17 PST
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net> wrote:
>For the All Datsun Meet there will be a tour on Friday AM with a
>Gymkana that afternoon. Last year the gimmick was to shoot an empty
>pop can off the top of a pylon with a water cannon.

   Well, The SUV Problem in Colorado is rampant as well. I always
get a charge out of icy road conditions:finding the highest
percentage of vehicles in the ditch are SUV's. Mo' mass, same
braking surface area's. DUH.
   Actually, I've found the Roadster to be a bit 'stimulating' on
ice -- good braking traction, but man, you *twitch* that gas pedal..
...yet I still have zipped up steep icy hills past SUV's that were stuck
spinning all over...

   And still on the SUV thread mind you: what caught my eye, Ronnie,
was this water cannon concept. Now how exactly is it mounted on a
Roadster? Can it be aimed and fired while driving? Or do you need
someone riding 'shotgun'? Reminds me of the time I was trying to
figure out how to install turret-mounted paintball guns on my
Goldwing fairing... :)

Dan Neff    '69 2000
neffster@hotmail.com
Colorado Springs, Co